Our ethos at Gorran Pre-School Hoglets is very simple: we aim to provide the best possible start to our children's education by offering a bright, colourful, safe, secure and happy environment in which they can feel confident to explore, have fun and learn through play.
We believe that children should be able to enjoy playing both indoors and outside, as they choose, throughout the seasons, and that a happy child leads to learning and achievement.
Gorran Pre-School Hoglets:
- Caters for individual children's needs and abilities and recognises individual progress.
- Continuously support their staff, seeking to maintain and broaden their professional development.
- Believe they can encourage children to develop towards their full potential in an environment which is safe and secure.
- Strives for the highest standard of care in a calm and caring atmosphere.
- Implements the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) through a play-based curriculum.
- Highly values the children's social and emotional development.
- Develops high self-esteem and promotes good behaviour, encouraging mutual respect and trust.
- Endeavours to work in close partnership with parents to provide high quality care and education.
- Aims to promote equality and diversity and contribute to the local community.